Bee Boxes

Friday, April 8, 2016

The Girls Are Here

Warre Beehives are full of bees! As a new Warre Beekeeper I am excited to see how much different keeping bees will be between the Langstroth hive and Warre hive. I know that last year I spent a lot of time taking care of the bees in the Langstroth hive. I am hoping that after my first inspection in a few days checking on them and make sure the queen has been released, it will only be once a month to check them.  With a top feeder I will not be inside the hive proper.


Sorry I did not get pictures today it was in the low fifties and I needed to get the queens in the hives and the bees covering them.  Both hives have around three thousand bees in them. Some of the bees are doing orientation flights and I have even seen some of the bees flying around the back door (I wonder if they are looking for me?)


They bees that I have are Italian bees. That is what I had last year and they were very gentle. Last year I only had one hive but this year I have two hives and hope both make it to next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment