Bee Boxes

Thursday, April 7, 2016

All Things Are Ready

It is the night before bee and all through the house the anticipation is out of this world. Have I ever said I love bees? Looking forward to having about 5000 to 6000 bees in the back yard.


Today I checked the hives to make sure everything was setup correctly. Made some changes to the top feeder and leveled out one of the hives. Tonight I made my 1 to 1 sugar water to feed them and it is currently cooling. Once it is cooled I will put it in the quart jars and the spray bottle so it is ready to use tomorrow. Oh I forgot I cleaned the car the girls deserve a clean car to ride in.


Tomorrow it will be about 58 degrees and over night it is going to get to about 32 degrees.  I hope they will be ok and can cling together without comb to help hold in the heat. Though they are able to survive in the wild in this weather I will still worry over my girls until they get established.


I will attempt to have some pictures tomorrow of the process. Hope I sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment