Bee Boxes

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Last Minute Stuff

Friday is almost here and I will get two boxes of bees. I still have a few things to accomplish before they get here. The biggest task I have is applying the wax to the top bars. I might have to spend the afternoon working on this project. Tomorrow I will need to put the top bars in the hives and one of the hives needs to be leveled.


I will also need to make sugar water tomorrow so that I can spray the bees in the package before I put them in the hive. The reason I spray them with sugar water is to keep them settled down and keep them from flying out of the box when I go to dump them into the hive. I will also have to make enough sugar water to put into the top feeder. They will need the food for two reasons. First they have be in the box for about three days and only have a small can of sugar water and will need to be fed. Second they will need the sugar water to boost the production of wax to build the hive and food until they can forge and store enough for their needs. I will feed them 1 to 1 sugar water. One part sugar and one part water.










No comments:

Post a Comment