Bee Boxes

Friday, April 1, 2016

Last Item Added to Warre Hive

While I was searching the Internet adding to my knowledge about bees I came across a YouTube video that showed a screen that separated the quilt box from the hive. It seems that the bees will chew on the material and put holes in it and cause a mess in the hive itself. Putting this screen divider between the hive box and the quilt box keeps them from both chewing the quilt material and attaching it to the hive.



The one thing I have discovered is that you will never stop learning about bees and how to care for them. Once it gets into your blood you will want to have more bees and have a desire to help them survive. My next post will be about cleaning up my bee area and getting ready for my new girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment