Bee Boxes

Friday, March 25, 2016

Why Bees?

I started my adventure in bees from reading an article in GRIT. The one issue that caught my attention was that we are losing 30% of our bees every year and how important honey bees are to our food production. There was a request for folks to consider becoming a backyard bee keeper.


As a result I started reading everything I could on the internet as well as watching all things bees on YouTube. What I found is that those who keep bees are very open to the process and issues to keeping bees. The more I read and watched videos about bees the more I wanted to help these insects to survive and thrive. 


I noticed that those who were bee keepers really loves the bees.  These amazing insects will grow on you to the point you love to be around them as much as possible.  But most people would not want to be in the middle of 50,000 to 100,000 honey bees.


You might ask about bee stings. That is a topic for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment