Bee Boxes

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Time To Cool Off

It has been very hot here for June. Temps have been in the mid to high 90's now for over a week. Tomorrow the high is going to hit 100 degrees. The bees have been bearding for several days as I call it on their front porch.  They are still bringing in pollen and nectar, they work very hard!

These are my girls and I am trying to take very good care of them.  I have not been in the hives a lot as I am just letting them do what bees do best: make brood and honey.  I expect that I will need to put a third box on the left hive in a few days.  And by the middle of July a forth box on the hive on the right. Do not want them to get honey bound so will check the hives the first of August to make sure they have plenty of room to make the brood for winter and next spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment