Bee Boxes

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Quick Update Warre Beehive

It has ben awhile since I was able to post. I have had some major events in my life and did not have the time to post. The best event that just happened was yesterday when my great granddaughter was born.  She is so sweet and very small and am thankful to God for allowing her to be born healthy.


I have been watching my bees as much as possible the last two months and decided it was time to add another box. The problem was that with my wife in the hospital and with her recovery I did not have time to build my own boxes.  As a result I made the decision to buy two boxes and assemble them myself.  Now, I think it was the right choice as I was able to see some ways to improve my boxes.



This picture shows the side for the inspection window. I tried to place one in my box and it did not turn out well. Now I know how to put on in and not having to worry about it not staying in place.


Also, I was able to make a pattern to hold the top bars in place so they will not move without having to use nails.  If you look at the left side of the picture you will see the places the top bars slide in place. Look at the above picture and you can see a better view of this.


What I did is make myself a pattern from one of the unassembled boxes and will now use it to make my next hive boxes.  Happy Beekeeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment